The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence. The association embraces the virtues of teaching excellence and emphasizes to students that it is essential to learn how to learn. ACBSP acknowledges the importance of scholarly research and inquiry and believes that such activities facilitate improved teaching. Institutions are strongly encouraged to pursue a reasonable mutually beneficial balance between teaching and research. Further, ACBSP encourages faculty involvement within the contemporary business world to enhance the quality of classroom instruction and to contribute to student learning.
The following academic programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Bachelor of Accountancy Degree (BAC)
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree (BBA) with majors in: Finance, General Business, Management, and Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Human Resource Management (BBAHRM)
- Bachelor of Science, Applied Management (BSAM)
- Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA)
- Master of Science Degrees in: Accountancy (MAC), Finance (MSF), Management (MSM), Marketing (MSMKT) and Taxation (MST)
- Dual Master of Science in Accountancy and Master of Business Administration (MAC/MBA)
- Dual Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Finance (MBA/MSF))
- Dual Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Management (MBA/MSM)
- Dual Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Marketing (MBA/MSMKT)
- Human Resource Management Certificate
ACBSP requires new programs to be in place for two years and have graduates from the program before it will be reviewed for accreditation.