We are excited to recognize our graduates at Walsh College’s 2022 Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, June 18, 2022, at Jimmy John’s Field. This event will take place rain or shine.
This commencement ceremony will celebrate our summer 2021, fall 2021, winter 2022, and spring 2022 graduates. We look forward to celebrating with you and your families in person. Review How to Best Prepare for Commencement for Commencement Day details. For all guests, please be aware of the restricted items that are prohibited in Jimmy John’s Field.
Jimmy John’s Field
7171 Auburn Road
Utica, MI 48317
Gate Opens: 9:00 am
Ceremony Begins: 10:30 am
The ceremony typically runs between 2.5 and 3 hours.
Cap and Gown Information
Walsh College approved cap, gown, master’s hood, honor cords (if applicable), and stole (if applicable) are required attire for all commencement ceremony participants.
Honor Cord Information:
Honor cords will be provided by Walsh College to eligible students the day of the ceremony.
Students who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces are recognized at commencement with red, white, and blue cords.
Undergraduate students who have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.500 or higher will receive the following honors designations:
|Grade Point Average||Honors Designation||Cord Color|
|3.900 – 4.000||Summa Cum Laude||Gold|
|3.750 – 3.899||Magna Cum Laude||Silver|
|3.500 – 3.749||Cum Laude||White|
Tickets are free and required for all guests. Each graduate will receive four guest tickets. Seating will be General Admission. Graduates do not need a ticket to enter the stadium. Tickets will need to be picked up at the Jimmy John’s Field box office on the day of the ceremony. Tickets will be held in your name and can be picked up by a family member.
Children ages 3 and under do not need a ticket if they are small enough to sit on a parent’s lap. The ceremony will be live streamed for guests who are unable to attend in person.
Extra Ticket Information
All extra tickets have been distributed for the commencement ceremony and we are no longer accepting requests. The ceremony will also be live streamed for guests who are unable to attend in person.
Graduation is not the same thing as commencement. Graduation is completing the requirements of your certificate or degree program. Commencement is the ceremony celebrating this completion. Students are not required to participate in the commencement ceremony to receive their diplomas. Diplomas are automatically sent after graduation audits are completed. See below for further details:
See the deadlines below and complete your Application for Graduation. The $50 application fee covers the cost of processing your audit and diploma.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
Fall: August 1
Winter: November 1
Spring: February 1
Summer: May 1
- Your record will be audited to ensure compliance with all graduation requirements.
- Preliminary audit results will be sent to your Walsh email account.
- Your degree will be posted 4-6 weeks after the completion of your final semester.
- Commencement invitations will be mailed out two months prior to a ceremony. You will only be mailed an invitation if you have a graduation application on file.
Diplomas are not presented at the commencement ceremony.
- Your diploma is automatically mailed to you 4-6 weeks after your degree is posted. If you have a financial hold on your account, this must be resolved before your diploma is mailed.
- The date of completion on your diploma is the last day of the term that you finished your requirements-not the commencement ceremony date.
- Diplomas list degree name (e.g. Bachelor of Business Administration) and academic honors. The academic transcript is the complete record that includes degree name, major, honors, and other designations.
- Diplomas are prepared by our official diploma vendor, Diplomatic-the Michael Sutter Company. They will send an email to your Walsh account the day that your diploma is mailed. This email will include an eDiploma ordering option detailed below.
- The eDiploma option is available to all graduates and provides a secure and convenient way to verify their education. The eDiploma is a signed and certified PDF of your original paper diploma. The high-resolution Adobe certified PDF file can be retrieved and shared as many times needed. A certified eDiploma assures the recipient that the document is authentic, comes from a verified source, and has not been tampered with. The charge is $5.00 and you will receive it shortly after ordering. An eDiploma cannot be printed; it is a digital file only.
- Certificate: 7”x 9”
- Undergraduate: 8” x 10”
- Graduate: 8.5” x 11”
- Doctoral: 11” x 14”
Replacement or duplicate diplomas can be ordered easily online for a $25 fee. Students can login to the online ordering site with their student ID and last name.
- If you do not know your student ID, or you graduated before March 2005, you can click on the “Submit a Diploma Request” icon on the website above.
Your degree is posted to your transcript when graduation audits for the term are completed. You will know if your degree is posted by logging into the student portal and clicking on Self-Service for Students, My Academic Records, and Degree/Certificate Information.
- You may order your transcript at The National Student Clearinghouse website