The mission of the Assessment Committee is to mentor faculty and facilitate improvements to the assessment of our Student Learning Outcomes. The committee is comprised of full-time and adjunct faculty members, along with administrative staff as required.
The committee meets on a recurring schedule to accomplish its tasks and coordinates with the Curriculum Committee to ensure optimal assessment outcomes. The committee routinely reports its activities to the Faculty Senate.
The responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Review and recommend changes to the outcomes assessment plan, learning outcomes, and selected instruments.
- Discuss and share assessment strategies toward establishing best practices.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations regarding assessment data related to learning outcomes.
- Provide recommendations and develop action plans to improve teaching and student learning.
- Determine appropriateness of institutional instruments designed to assess student learning.
- Committee Chair – John Black, DBA, CPA, CMA, CIA, Chair and Associate Professor, Accounting
- Louise August, Professor, Finance & Economics
- Tracy Marshall, Instructional Designer, Online Learning
- Jill Peplinski, MA, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Business Communication
- Karen Ponton, Coordinator, Online Course Quality
- Terri Richards, Ph.D., Professor, Information Technology
- Bethany Rodgers, Analyst, Student Outcomes Assessment
- Drew Smith, Director, Online Learning