Flags are representing a cross section of countries parade into the auditorium before the ceremony. Selected students will need to attend a rehearsal the morning of the ceremony.
Consider nominating yourself for the Walsh commencement student speaker. Those in good standing can participate in the audition process. First round candidates will be required to submit a video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final candidates will be asked to come to the Troy campus for a Live audition in front of a panel of judges.
Selected Candidate Requirements
The selected student speaker will need to schedule appointments with an assigned Walsh representative for coaching and practice sessions. Plus, attend an afternoon rehearsal the day before the ceremony.
There are a few things to keep in mind when writing/practicing your speech and making your audition. We recommend that you view the video below of a speech from the last ceremony. Candidates will be judged by a panel based on:
- Verbal speech content, student’s personal journey at Walsh College
- Overall message and presentation
- Eye contact
- Voice inflection
Grad Fair for the January ceremony will be in Troy on November 4th, 2019 from 3 to 6:30 p.m.
Everything you need for the commencement ceremony, all in one place!
- Purchase your cap & gown and receive a free gift
- Receive 10% off your diploma frame
- Complete your graduation participation form
- Receive your guest tickets
- Order your class ring from Balfour
- Order your graduation announcements
- Get information about Walsh Career Services
- Talk with a financial aid representative
Questions? Contact the Bookstore at 248-823-1343.